Venus retrograde is coming up on 19th December 2021, so prepare for difficulties with love & money! Here’s your guide for how to navigate this Venus retrograde energy for the next 6 weeks…
Listen or watch this episode on Apple, Spotify, Youtube or wherever you listen to podcasts.
In today’s episode, you’ll discover:
* When Venus retrograde is occurring
* What to do (and what to avoid) when Venus is in retrograde
* How to find out specifically what the 2021 Venus retrograde in Capricorn means for YOU
Venus retrograde do’s and don’ts
Venus rules relationships, love, beauty, creativity, money, possessions, pleasure, desires & goals. So when Venus goes into retrograde, all the stuff that Venus rules can go awry. Basically – when Venus is in retrograde, we don’t know what we want!
But before we dive into the do’s and don’ts of Venus retrograde, let’s go back to the basics. What even is a retrograde?
All the planets go into retrograde on a regular basis. It’s all to do with the planetary speeds, and our perspective from here on Earth. Retrograde movements are pretty much an optical illusion that make it seem as though the planets are moving backwards through the sky. Astrologically, when planets are in retrograde, the energy of that planet is feel more internally than externally. It’s a time when we turn inwards with that particular energy of the retrograde planet.
So Venus retrograde means that we’ll be turning inwards in regards to our love & desires.
This can also be a time when relationships, love, money or desires from the past can come back into your lives. This isn’t a permission slip to get back with your ex though…more on that later!
Of all the planets, Venus spends the least amount of time in retrograde. The outer planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune & Pluto) all go into retrograde for about half the year. Mercury goes into retrograde frequently, for about 3 weeks three or four times a year. Mars is retrograde for about 8 weeks every 2 years. And Venus goes into retrograde for just 6 weeks each 18 months.
If you’ve noticed 18-month cycles of relationship break-ups or conflicts, it could have something to do with Venus retrograde!
So now that you know what Venus retrograde is all about, here’s what to do and what to avoid during those 6 weeks.
What to avoid during Venus retrograde
- Trying to conceive
- Expensive, high-end or luxurious purchases
- Important beauty treatments
- Financial investments
- Starting new relationships
- Getting back with your ex
What to do during Venus retrograde
- Focus on loving YOURSELF
- Review your goals
- Review your daily beauty routines
- Review & heal your relationships
- Review your finances (check on that cryptocurrency you invested in!)
- Declutter your possessions
Venus retrograde dates
Start: December 19th 2021
End: January 29th 2022
Start: July 22nd 2023
End: September 3rd 2023
Venus retrograde 2021
On 19th December 2021, Venus will go into retrograde at about 26° Capricorn, tracing it’s path back to about 11° Capricorn before stationing direct on 29th January 2022.
This 2021 Venus retrograde in Capricorn is a good opportunity for reviewing your longer term goals, whether that’s for your relationships, finances, or desires you want to manifest. Where do you want to be in 10 years from now? As Venus retrogrades through Capricorn, weed out the stuff that’s no longer aligned with those long term goals.
As Venus crosses paths with Pluto during this Capricorn retrograde, we’re likely to see power struggles come to the surface in regards to our relationships, finances or goals. This is a potent time of transforming our relationships as we discover who actually “wears the pants” in the relationship.
Pluto symbolizes endings & new beginnings as we evolve from one chapter to the next. With Venus retrograde hovering around Pluto, this could be a significant time for ending relationships, investments, or evolving your desires to a higher level. This is a chance to find more clarity on EXACTLY what you want in your life.
Your horoscope for Venus retrograde 2021
An easy way to discover what’s coming up for YOU personally this Venus retrograde is by looking at your natal chart. If you don’t have a natal chart already, it’s easy to create one for free! Go to astro.com (or your favourite astrology website which offers free charts) and enter your birth details. Be sure to use the exact time of birth for accuracy!
Discover which house falls in 11°-26° Capricorn to discover which area of your life will be most affected by Venus retrograde 2021.
- 1st House: identity & appearance.
- 2nd House: manifesting your goals.
- 3rd House: social connections & how you communicate with others.
- 4th House: your home & family life, financial security.
- 5th House: creativity, play & fun, relationships with children in your life.
- 6th House: daily routines, your health and your physical work.
- 7th House: close relationships & how you give & receive support.
- 8th House: business, making money & uncovering your deepest fears.
- 9th House: education & exploration of the world around you on a deep level.
- 10th House: your career & how you create an impact on the world.
- 11th House: your community & friendships.
- 12th House: spirituality & finding a deeper purpose to life as you rest & withdraw.
Also be sure to check if you have any planets in 11°-26° Capricorn as the energy of these planets will be ignited by this Venus retrograde.
Not sure how to read your chart? I’ll guide you through it so you can be prepared for what’s coming up this Venus retrograde. Click here to book a reading with me.
What if my ex comes back into my life?
It’s often normal to have ex-partners or other important people from your past come back into your life when Venus is in retrograde. While it may be tempting to get back with an ex, here are some things to consider:
1. You broke up for a reason. Even though you had lots of fun times together in the past, there’s possibly still that underlying reason why you both fell apart.
2. They’re back so you can both find closure. Venus retrograde sends people from our past back into our lives for closure. If things felt unfinished in your past relationship, or you were left wondering “why?”, this Venus retrograde can be a good opportunity for you to make peace with that and finally say goodbye.
3. If you get back together, it will be short-lived. If you want to follow that temptation, be prepared for a short fling rather than a long-term relationship. Relationships started during Venus retrograde, whether they’re with a new partner or an ex, generally tend to be short-lived passionate flings. If that’s all you’re looking for right now, go for it! Just don’t come crying when Venus goes direct and your heart’s broken…I’ve warned you 😉
Discover when ALL the planets are in retrograde (plus all the other important astro stuff!)
You’ll find it inside the 2022 Moon Manifesting Planner
+ Available in Australia / US / UK timezones +
+ Daily astrological guidance including transits, retrogrades, moon phases and VOC moon times +
+ Rituals and tarot spreads for every full & new moon +
Comment below and let me know: What’s coming up for you this Venus retrograde? How are things going with your relationships right now – are you feeling this energy yet?