What is Mars Retrograde?When a planet goes retrograde, it just means that the planet appears to be traveling backwards in the sky from our perspective on Earth. Mars Retrograde happens over 9-10 weeks every 2 years. Mars entered into retrograde on October 31st at 25°37′ Gemini and will station direct on January 13th 2023 at 8°08′ Gemini. Mars is an angry planet. In mythology Mars is the god of war, and in astrology Mars represents that fierceness of the warrior. When it is direct, the energy is very fast acting, driven, and determined. However, when Mars goes retrograde, our drive, motivation, and physical energy all take a big hit. The fierceness encounters an internal block and struggles to be expressed. This can leave us feeling stuck, unmotivated, and with low energy. You also might find yourself getting frustrated with the slow pace that things are progressing over these few months. Gemini is the sign of communication and social life. With that Gemini energy coupled with the driven, energetic, motivated energy of Mars, you might find that you are not as motivated or driven to be social or communicative during this time. Since Mars retrograde occurs during the holiday season, this could cause some issues with the social situations we find ourselves in. Arguments, conflicts, and misunderstandings could easily bubble up during this time. Be careful not to act or speak without thinking it through first. Be patient with others and work to communicate your frustrations in a healthy way.
What to do during Mars retrograde
- Slow down. This is the time to give yourself space to take a break and recharge. It is all too easy to get burnt out if you are giving too much. Now is not the time to overload and push through… take a step back and create space to fill your own cup.
- Think before you act. Whether it’s a reaction to another person or an idea for a new business endeavor, take a step back and think things through before you make a move.
- Find healthy outlets for anger and frustration. Find something that works well for you, and remember the person you are angry at doesn’t always need to know that you’re angry. It’s all about getting that energy out in a healthy and productive way without causing harm. Journal it down. Try using a burning ritual where you write down all of your frustrations and then burn the paper to help release that energy. Yoga is another great way to express pent up emotions & release the energy the no longer serves you. Try a Moon Flow Yoga class with me here.
- Talk it through. Whatever is on your mind…talk about it! This is the perfect time for talking, especially about your frustrations and anger in a constructive way. This could be a good time to seek out counseling or anger management if that is something that calls to you.
What not to do during Mars retrograde
- Don’t act impulsively. Just don’t do it. Think it through first. When Mars is in retrograde our impulses might not always lead us where we want to be because the energy is not flowy smoothly. Don’t react to other people’s stuff if you are feeling triggered. Take a step back, take a breath, and revisit it when you are calm and clear on how you want to proceed. With this Gemini energy there can be a frequent clash of ideas or hurtful words spoken. Now is not the time to pick fights.
- Don’t rush. You will really be fighting an uphill battle during this time if you are trying to hurry things along. Allow ample time for things to happen. Don’t underestimate how much time you need to set aside to do something.
- Don’t overwork yourself. Mars retrograde is a great opportunity to take a look at where you are pushing yourself too much or being a bit too ambitious. Instead of constantly pushing forward, take this time to look back and appreciate how far you’ve come and all the hard work you’ve done. Gemini has a party energy so this can be a good time to slow down, relax, and celebrate your achievements by sharing them with others.
Looking for guidance for this Mars retrograde energy?
- Book a tarot & astrology reading to discover how Mars Rx will affect you personally.
- Want to work less & earn more in your business this Mars retrograde? Book an Astrology Business Coaching session here.
- Never miss a retrograde! Schedule your life around these astrological events with the 2023 Moon Manifesting Planner. Order your copy now.
Plan your life in alignment with the cosmos
Want to create more magick in your life? The 2023 Moon Manifesting Planner will inspire you to connect with the cosmic energy so you can manifest your goals with ease.
Available in three different timezones: Australia, UK/Europe & America.
Comment and let me know: are you feeling the Mars retrograde energy yet? Let me know what’s coming up for you this Mars Rx!