Would you like to understand how the lunar cycle aligns with the energy of the tarot cards? In this post we’ll explore my brand new Moon Manifesting Tarot deck and I’ll explain how to weave that extra layer of lunar wisdom into your tarot readings.
Follow the Moon Manifesting Podcast on:
- How to interpret the planetary and zodiac energy of the Major Arcana through a lunar lens
- How to link the elemental energy of the Minor Arcana to the moon
- An overview of the Moon Manifesting Tarot deck and how it can help improve your tarot journey
After about a year of devotion, I have completed my tarot deck and it is now live for pre-order on Kickstarter! You can pre-order until 8th December. Click here to pledge on Kickstarter. A quick word of thanks for some special people who helped this deck manifest into reality: I would like to thank my husband, Dustin, for his unwavering support at home, and my friend, Sasha @thepaganhomemaker, for her creative support from the very conception of this idea.
The Moon Manifesting TarotThe Moon Manifesting Tarot is an 82 card deck, with 4 extra cards on top of the traditional 78 card deck. It includes the 22 Major Arcana cards, the 4 suits – Pentacles, Cups, Wands, and Swords all ranging from ace to 10 and the court cards (Pages, Knights, Queens, and Kings). I choose to add in 4 additional cards to help the deck flow in the best possible way. Thank you to Sasha for this wonderful idea! One additional Crone card has been added to each suit. The Crone cards are associated with Dark Moon energy and are all about sharing wisdom and giving power back. You’ll notice that this deck is very feminine and gives the power and authority to the female figures where it traditionally would be given to the males. For example, the Queens are associated with the Full Moon and are considered the most powerful card in the deck.
The Major Arcana CardsThe Major Arcana cards traditionally have an association with a planet or astrological sign. I’ve kept the original associations with the Major Arcana cards, but I’ve added in a bit of a lunar twist considering if the moon was aspecting the planet or in the particular zodiac sign of each card. In the guide book you’ll find a description of the card, a Moon Manifesting association, an interpretation, and a reverse interpretation. You can use the Moon Manifesting association to gain a deeper layer of meaning. I’ve found that it works really well with the other interpretations of the cards. For example:
- The Fool is traditionally associated with Uranus – In my deck I’ve considered the Moon aspecting Uranus: “Feel spontaneous. Do something that excites you. Don’t wait for permission just dive in and take that risk. You are allowed to be different and try new things.”
- The High Priestess is traditionally associated with the Moon – In my deck I’ve considered the Moon aspecting your natal Moon. This is a time of the month where you’re naturally more in tune with your intuition, feelings, and subconscious. This association fits beautifully because the High Priestess card is all about being aware of your intuitive abilities, subconscious thoughts, and dreams.
- The Sun cards – In my deck I’ve considered the Moon aspecting your natal Sun. This is the time when we feel the most like ourselves, are feeling happy & have a high vibe.
The Minor Arcana CardsEach of the 4 suits are associated with an element.
- Pentacles are associated with earth signs – Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn.
- Cups are associated with water signs – Cancer, Scirpio, and Pisces.
- Wands are associated with fire signs – Aries, Leo, Sagittarius.
- Swords are associated with air – Gemini, Libra, Aquarius.
- Ace of Pentacles – New Moon in Taurus
- Two of Pentacles – Waxing Moon in Taurus
- Three of Pentacles – Full Moon in Taurus
- Four of Pentacles – Waning Moon in Taurus
- Five of Pentacles – Dark Moon in Taurus
- Six of Pentacles – New Moon in Virgo
- Seven of Pentacles – Waxing Moon in Virgo
- Eight of Pentacles – Full Moon in Virgo
- Nine of Pentacles – Waning Moon in Virgo
- Ten of Pentacles – Dark Moon in Virgo
- Page of Pentacles – New Moon in Capricorn
- Knight of Pentacles – Waxing Moon in Capricorn
- Queen of Pentacles – Full Moon in Capricorn
- King of Pentacles – Waning Moon in Capricorn
- Crone of Pentacles – Dark Moon in Capricorn
Aligning with the MoonHere are a couple of examples of how the Moon Manifesting associations are working with the traditional interpretations of the cards: Two of Wands – associated with the Waxing Moon in Aries. In other decks I see this card as having opportunities open up for you and coming up against choices and growth in your passions. With the Moon Manifesting association it’s about taking initiative and action toward your passions and choosing to pursue that spark. Seven of Pentacles – associated with the Waxing Moon in Virgo. This card is typically about dreaming of what you want to manifest and the work ahead of you. With the Moon Manifesting association it’s all about organizing your thoughts and ideas so you can take action and bring your dreams into reality Crone of Pentacles – associated with the Dark Moon in Capricorn. This card is about letting go of your ambitions, particularly around your career, because you’ve already completed all of the steps and are coming to the end of that particular journey. This is a great time to release what is no longer aligned with you and your long term vision. Six of Pentacles – associated with the New Moon in Virgo. This card is about the balance of giving, taking, and sharing abundance with others. With the Moon Manifesting association it’s all about figuring out how you can share with others.
Want more moon manifesting magick?Here’s your next steps:
- Book a tarot & astrology reading for a reading from ME with the Moon Manifesting Tarot deck.
- Discover the magic of manifesting your goals with the moon in my book, Moon Manifesting. Order your copy now.
- Schedule your life in alignment with the cosmos with the 2023 Moon Manifesting Planner. Order your copy now.
- Get your hands on the Moon Manifesting Tarot deck. Pledge on Kickstarter to pre-order your copy.
Comment and let me know: what are your thoughts on how the tarot cards align with the moon?