Feeling the call to share your meditations with the world? Insight Timer is a wonderful platform to upload & share your meditations (and to make a bit of money, too!). Here’s my tips for getting started as a meditation teacher on Insight Timer…
Follow the Moon Manifesting Podcast on:
In today’s episode, you’ll discover:
- Why Insight Timer is a great platform to be part of
- How to get started uploading & sharing your meditations
- Earning potential – how much money can you make with Insight Timer
First up, a disclaimer! I have no affiliation with Insight Timer, I receive no compensation for this post/episode. I just really love this platform & get asked about it a lot!
I’ve had a lot of people reach out to ask me about being a meditation teacher on Insight Timer. I started in 2020 on a whim, and have loved the experience!
Why use Insight Timer?
Why would you share meditations for free on one of the most used meditation apps? To share healing with the world, to make passive income, to reach more people, and to provide a way for your existing audience to engage more deeply with you.
There’s so many reasons why I love using Insight Timer (as both a teacher AND to meditate).
What’s involved with becoming a meditation teacher on Insight Timer?
You can upload your own meditations or do live meditations, whenever you want to.
There’s no commitment obligations! You can share as much or as little as you like.
I took a break from uploading any meditations for about a year and I still received passive income from Insight Timer every month!
Earning potential with Insight Timer
Did you know you can earn money by uploading your meditations? Insight Timer pays you based on plays & engagement with your meditations.
Plays = how many times your meditations are listened to.
Engagement = responding to reviews on your meditations.
Another way to receive money through Insight Timer is through donations. You receive approximately 60% of donations (the App store takes a percentage, Insight Timer takes a percentage, then you get the rest!).
There is also the option to create meditation courses and get paid for these courses, however this option may not be available to all meditation teachers on Insight Timer yet.
My earnings average about US$20 per month from Insight Timer. It’s not a huge amount, but I’m grateful for the passive income, especially as I’m not as active with uploading meditations anymore.
Want to see how it’s done?
Check out my Insight Timer teacher profile to see my range of meditations.
Tips for making meditations
If you’re new to making meditations, it’s quite easy! You can simply record on your phone, make a few edits, and upload.
Here’s some tips to help you make meditations:
- Add some backing music to your meditations. You can search for “royalty free meditation music” or a similar search term. Just be sure to give credit to the backing music creator if required. I have enjoyed using tracks from Purple Planet Music.
- Make your own UNIQUE meditations. I feel like there’s a billion meditations for sleep & relaxation – how could you make your own unique meditations? If you’re into crystals, maybe you could make crystal meditations. If you love working with herbs, perhaps you can make plant meditations. The possibilities are endless! Create something unique to help you stand out from the crowd. Also consider – what would your ideal client be looking for? What sort of meditations would help them?
- Ensure your recording environment is quiet & free of interruptions. I cannot tell you how many meditations I’ve recorded but couldn’t publish because there were distracting background noises (like traffic, clock ticking, dogs barking, children running through the house, etc). You might find it helpful to close yourself into a cupboard to record your meditations.
- Make some edits with Audacity. I love using Audacity for editing my meditations! It’s a free program for your computer with a lot of editing functions. My favourite functions are the “Noise reduction” feature (so good for reducing background noises!) and adding backing music tracks. A little bit of basic editing can help your meditations go to the next level.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect! Even if there are some minor background noises (tip: backing music often hides those little background noises, or you can edit them out) or other imperfections, don’t let that hold you back from sharing your meditations with the world. A lot of my older meditations aren’t as great quality as my newer meditations, but they still receive lots of plays & positive reviews. You’ll never know unless you give it a try!
Who can become a meditation teacher?
I actually don’t have any qualifications as a meditation teacher. I’m a yoga teacher, so that helps, but when I started out on Insight Timer I had little experience. I’d lead a few meditations in moon circles and enjoyed the experience, so I thought I’d try out Insight Timer too.
You might like to become a meditation teacher if you’re a yoga teacher, hypnosis practitioner, breath work teacher, or just because you like helping others feel calm & grounded.
How to get started on Insight Timer
Just sign up on their website to get started!
Want to learn more about manifesting with the moon?
Discover how to harness the energy of all the moon phases in my step-by-step guide, Moon Manifesting. Now available on Amazon or other good bookstores near you!
Comment and let me know: have you been thinking about becoming a meditation on Insight Timer?